Friday, April 4, 2014

'Puzzle Mansion' B&B Houses the World's Largest Collection of Jigsaw Puzzles

According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the largest collection of jigsaw puzzles sits within a B&B called 'Puzzle Mansion' in Tagaytay, Philippines. The record was awarded in November 2012, so while not exactly new news, it certainly was to me.

The collection includes 1,028 unique puzzles of all different varieties. A quick web search for "puzzle mansion philippines" pulls up a dozen photo blogs documenting the museum portion of the B&B.  From what I could glean, on display are cardboard, wooden, crystal, plastic, 2D, and 3D puzzles ranging from 135 to 32,000 pieces. In case anyone is looking for a new challenge, apparently this 10K puzzle of Las Hilanderas was the most difficult.

In all honesty, if I were ever to visit the museum, I would probably breeze through the puzzle exhibit in 10 minutes and spend the rest of my time at the souvenir shop (my MO for any museum visit). It looks like the shop is filled with jigsaw puzzles for sale. Now that's a collection I could spend hours exploring.

No comments: