Tuesday, July 8, 2014

From the Archives: Soda Jerk (Buffalo Games, 1000pc)

Image via Amazon

Here's an oldie but a goodie: Norman Rockwell illustrations from The Saturday Evening Post.

Definitely went through a phase where I worked on any Norman Rockwell puzzle I could find in stores. Back then (at least a decade ago), the puzzles were printed in 1000 piece form and manufactured by Buffalo Games. Looks like they are being produced by MasterPieces nowadays, but the BG versions might still be floating around Amazon (links below).

Triple Self Portrait
Doctor & Doll
Soda Jerk
Prom Dress
The Rookie

Though it's been a long time since I last worked on a BG puzzle, I recall quite clearly that the overall quality of their puzzles was top notch, and I still consider the brand to be one of the best in terms of construction quality.

In terms of selection quality, however, their current options for 2000 piece puzzles is just a tad limited (and nothing beyond 2000 pieces either). I'd love to see a wider selection of offerings from them.

No comments: