Saturday, March 29, 2014

From the Archives: Day and Night (Pomegranate, 1000pc)


This M.C. Escher puzzle was actually my first introduction to the Pomegranate brand. I received it as part of a "pass it forward" puzzle exchange, so it had been put together and taken apart once before. After finishing the puzzle myself, I noticed some of the pieces had spots where the picture was starting to split/tear from the cardboard base, so the long-term durability may be questionable.

Otherwise, excellent design and solid craftsmanship - puzzle pieces were sturdy with a precise fit. The finished puzzle would be easy to flip over, in case you wanted to tape/glue it as a wall decoration. Not too difficult overall, but with the monochromatic tone and repetitive line patterns, there were definitely some challenging spots. I got pretty hooked and finished it within a day.

At the time of posting, I wasn't able to find any online retailers with the item in stock (it's currently unavailable at Amazon). As mentioned above, I was given the puzzle as part of a one-way puzzle exchange, so I'll be passing it along to a friend soon!

2 comments:

Liz Hattemer said...

Oh, no! Just started the 3000 Oceanic Wonder puzzle when I decided to read your comments about doing this one which took me and a friend a week to complete. Based on that number it's going to take us a month to finish the Oceanic! We need you to come help!

ILJP said...

Would love to help, but I have total confidence that you and Marcela will get it done in due time!